Back in November I created this dish Spaghetti a la mummy. It has since turned into a regular when we get towards the end of the month as its a great way of using up the last of the veggies. Today I decided to film it so you can try it too. Spaghetti a la mummy
Quick and perfect for us busy parents with little time to spend in the kitchen…
Ready in 30 minutes
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 4 rashers of bacon (smoked is best)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 courgette
- 1 pepper
- 200g mushrooms
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp oregano
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 250g wholewheat pasta
- 1 ball Mozzarella
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan.
- Dice your bacon into 2cm sized pieces.
- Slice and dice all your vegetables and garlic.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook until starts to brown.
- Add the chopped garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add your chopped tomatoes, paprika, oregano and seasoning and mix well.
- Tear and scatter your basil leaves and add your worcestershire sauce to the mix.
- Continue to stir and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook your spaghetti as per the packets instructions.
- Once everything is cooked, drain the spaghetti and add to your sauce.
- Mix well and serve in a large dish.
- Tear and scatter your mozzarella and take to the table to serve.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do…