Why not give this vegan banoffee pie a go. It has no added refine sugar. All natural ingredients. It should still only be eaten as a treat but what a yummy one it is.
They would make the perfect dinner party pudding made in smaller ramekins or individual glasses as a banoffee sundae if adapted slightly.
You can follow my Youtube video for guidance or follow this recipe below:
Ready in 2-3hours
For the base:
- 110g ground pecans (ground in food processor)
- 110g spelt flour
- 2tbsp honey
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 30g Dates
- Blend all these ingredients in a food processor and empty in to a greased tin.
- Press down firmly.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 180ºc (if you want to make a sundae crumble the mix into the base of a glass alternating layers with the topping.
- Leave to cool while you make the topping.
For the topping:
- 3 ripe bananas frozen
- 6tbsp almond butter
- 110g dates
- Sliced banana for decoration
- Blend all these ingredients in a food processor until smooth (unlike mine as my over 30yr old food processor gave up on me).
- Add topping to the cooled base or in layers if making the sundae and pop in the freezer to firm.
- If making it in advance you can freeze it and get out 2hrs before serving the thaw.
Banoffee pie is my ultimate favourite pudding. Its always what I would opt for if its on the menu. I had to find an alternative to satisfy my tastebuds this Christmas!!