My super easy homemade burgers are so quick to make and get the thumbs up from my lot! They are better than a fast food burger any day. Serve with some homemade wedges and salad to complete the yumminess!
Makes 4 burgers
Ready in 30 minutes
- 750g lean beef steak mince (use less for a thinner burger)
- 2tsp onion granules
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1tsp dried basil
- 1tsp Coconut oil
- 2tsp Harissa paste
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- Red onion
- 100g halloumi cheese
- Add the mince, onion granules, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and dried basil to a bowl.
- Using your hands mix it altogether really squeezing the mince so that it becomes shapable without falling apart.
- Split the meat mix int0 4 and shape each ball of mince into a patty.
- Heat the oil in a griddle pan and get the pan really hot and sizzling.
- Place the burgers in the pan and cook for 10 minutes each side or until cooked through. This may take less time if using thinner burgers.
- Whilst the burgers are cooking slice the aubergine, onion and halloumi cheese into slices.
- Place the aubergine into the same pan your burgers are cooking in and cook for 2 minutes each side (You may need to cook a few at a time depending on the size of your pan).
- Remove these from the griddle and place to one side.
- Do the same with the halloumi cheese.
- Once your burgers are cooked through turn the pan off and leave the burgers to rest whilst you cook your onions in a little bit of coconut oil.
- Mix the yogurt and harissa paste together to make a sauce (chipotle paste works well too if wanting a smokey BBQ taste).
Now its time for the stacking.
My Naked stack burger first. First layer is a slice of aubergine (instead of a bun) then some halloumi, red onion and burger. Top with another slice of aubergine and halloumi slice and a dollop of your harissa sauce.
I served mine on some lettuce and cucumber and with some parsnip chips.
Hubby had the same as mine with a wholemeal bread roll and some homemade wedges.
The girls had a smaller version as pictured above.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.