Spaghetti a la Mummy…
I have come to the end of the month where money is tight and I’m trying to push through until pay day before getting the food shop.
This is where it pays to get inventive. Create a meal with bare minimum ingredients. It also makes it fun for the kids. Tonights dinner was a throw it together and see job and then they got to name the creation.
We also got to count how many of our 5 a day were in the meal… Niamh is not very good with her veggies this but she listens and asks questions and I know I will win her round into actually eating them. Not to mention she was totally unaware that one of her 5 a day was in fact the tomato sauce. 1-0 to mummy…
It is so easy and yet delicious!
Ready in 30 minutes
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 4 rashers of bacon (smoked is best)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 courgette
- 1 pepper
- 200g mushrooms
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp oregano
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 250g wholewheat pasta
- 1 ball Mozzarella
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan.
- Dice your bacon into 2cm sized pieces.
- Slice and dice all your vegetables and garlic.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook until starts to brown.
- Add the chopped garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add your chopped tomatoes, paprika, oregano and seasoning and mix well.
- Tear and scatter your basil leaves and add your worcestershire sauce to the mix.
- Continue to stir and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook your spaghetti as per the packets instructions.
- Once everything is cooked, drain the spaghetti and add to your sauce.
- Mix well and serve in a large dish, tear and scatter your mozzarella and take to the table to serve.
I would love to see all your favourite creations made for the family to enjoy!
P.S you can now find it over on my YouTube channel